The holiday season is still a few weeks away, but it's never too early to start thinking about your holiday marketing strategy. Your competitors are likely doing the same thing: coming up with creative plans to capture holiday dollars.
This is why your holiday marketing strategy needs to stand out and beat the competition during the busy season. For many businesses that rely on that holiday season revenue boost, this is especially crucial, as it is predicted that consumers will be holiday shopping with tight budgets this year due to inflation. The good news is that based on forecasts, upcoming holiday season sales will see a growth of around 7.5% from 2021.
Holiday marketing ideas to take advantage of
Here are some suggestions on how to market your business and take advantage of the increased traffic and spending this holiday season
1. Create holiday-inspired marketing materials. This could include things like special holiday coupons or festive flyers and posters to promote your sales or events. And in such a competitive season as the holidays, with many shoppers expecting discounts, business owners would be well-served offering promotions.
2. Get involved with local holiday events. Many communities host tree lighting ceremonies, parades, or other holiday gatherings. See if you can set up a booth or table at these events to sell your products or services or hand out information about your business.
3. Decorate your storefront or office. A little bit of holiday cheer can help attract customers and put them in a spending mood. Even if your store is not in a prime location, it pays to have window displays, as these can influence purchase decisions. So make sure to put up decorations that will make shoppers stop, look, go inside your store, and make a purchase.
4. Offer holiday-themed products or services. If you have a product or service that can be tailored to the holidays, now is the time to promote it. If you own a floral shop, for example, you might create holiday-themed bouquets or wreaths. Or if you're a baker, you could offer holiday-themed cookies or cakes.
5. Hold a holiday contest or giveaway. Running a contest as the year comes to a close is not only festive, but it can also boost brand awareness and generate leads. Customers who participate and/or win in your contests and giveaways may also help create social media buzz.
6. Make a charitable donation. Donating to a local charity in the name of your business is a great way to show your holiday spirit and give back to the community.
7. Send out holiday cards. This is a personal touch that can help customers remember your business and feel appreciated.
8. Offer free shipping or delivery. This is a great way to make your products or services more appealing to customers. Many people will want to avoid the holiday shopping crowd and opt to purchase products online. By offering free shipping with every purchase, you can encourage shoppers to buy more from your business. If you have the budget for it, then take advantage of this opportunity to increase sales.
9. Extend your hours. If you can, offer extended hours leading up to and during the holidays to accommodate busy shoppers.
10. Give a gift with every purchase. Offering a gift with every purchase is always a popular promotion during the holidays and can help boost sales.
By following these tips, you can make sure your business is ready for the holiday rush. If your small- or mid-sized business in New York needs help setting up the right IT tools to make sure everything works during the busy holiday season, contact Healthy IT's tech experts today.